Credit cards, if used wisely, have INCREDIBLE benefits.
– many insure your purchase
– most provide cashback or points
– all offer fraud protection
Use credit whenever you can. And, pay off your balance every darn month. This isn’t optional.
Paying off your balance every month is required.
Believe it or not, when we use credit cards responsibly, they help us to save money with implied warranties, give us money back through cashback programs and throw free travel perks at us like cheap or free hotel stays, airfare, and rental cars.
Not to mention fraud protection.
The key to making credit cards worth it? Using them responsibly.
After all, there is a reason why the total consumer debt in the United States has surpassed $13 trillion. The fact is too many people use credit cards as a means to spend money they don’t have.
That’s irresponsible. The best ways to properly use credit cards:
- always pay off your balance every month (use automation to help)
- never buy things without the cash to immediately pay for them
- resist spending extra money just to earn more reward points
Use your credit card as you would cash.
Then, enjoy the fruit of your [responsible] labor.
Check out this video for 5 huge benefits to using a credit card to save money.